This applications are not sorted
=== Rules ===
* Large apps - 1 line + comment
* N small apps - write in 1 line.
My thanks to those who made suggestions a couple of weeks ago about
photo editors for eComStation.
I am running on eComStation 2.0rc4.
For this comparison my 'test' was to spray out the white spot of camera
red-eye on my 18 year old American Cocker's eyes.
I have downloaded, installed, and looked at: PhotoTiger, PhotoQueen,
JPhotoBrush, Pixel, Embellish, Impos/2
PhotoQueen (aka QueenCy)_
I had some trouble with the stability of this program. It sometimes
crashed on me. But I was able to select a colour for the spary tool .
You can adjust the spray texture (pressure) and size.
PhotoTiger ran stable and looks and feels like a paint program. I
could get puppies eyes fixed OK. Registration is $30.00US
Java based this ran well on eComStation. It can handle large pics.
You can set the texture, color and spray size. $25.00
_ I couldn't bet Embellish to run until I copied the EPFIPII.DLL into
C:\os2\DLL\ Then the install program ran fine and Embellish worked.
They have a 'smudge' tool that worked nicely to darken the eyes but I
found choosing the colour a try by trial effort. I liked the effect .
Some of the other programs have much easier colour choosing interfaces.
Embellish has some funky special effects filters that for example make
your ordinary picture look like it was taken with a fisheye lense.
Might interest some people
IMPOS2 presented a simple interface. It featured a scan option and
picture crop. If you've got PMView3000 skip this one. _
Conclusion: All these programs do work on eComStation and present
different choices to the user. You should download them and test for
yourself. You will find one that suits your workstyle. For me I will be
purchasing Pixel for my use.
My thanks for your suggestions. I hope this reply is of some interest.
Just remember ... it's all in the eyes of the mouse holder.
=== Unsorted 2 ===
a) I use Embellish - http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/graphics/embos2.zip
Abandoned, they released it as freeware. There is an old article on it in
VOICE http://www.os2voice.org/VNL/past_issues/VNL1004H/vnewsf2.htm and an
even older one by me
b) Embellish is primarily a bitmap editor -- you create vector objects for
paint effects and such in the working laywer, but the combined result is
usually a bitmap. Although you can also save projects off for later. It
also has good tools for creating basic GIF animations and client-side
2) There is also True Spectra PhotoGraphics Pro -
generic serial number that everyone is free to use is : TSPG20-000K-65WG8"
Like Embellish it was abandoned a long time ago but works well if you can
figure out the rather obtuse user paradigm.
3) There is also Pixel - http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/?page_id=4#
Newer and cross-platform but it appears to be in a less complete state than
Embellish, or TSPG, at least the eCS version which is the only one I have
tried. Shareware, but in perpetual beta and the eCS version hasn't been
updated in a long, long time.
There is ImageEditor also. See http://www.os2world.com/content/view/16773/2/
5) I forgot about PhotoTiger. Its on hobbes -
never tried it but there is an article on it at
6) I also forgot QueenCy which is about the only one that is still updated.
http://www.1drop.net/qc/QC029c.zip last updated in January.
7) There is also the Java program JPhotoBrush Pro -
http://www.jphotobrushpro.com/ which lists eComStation install directions.
I also use NeoPaint for DOS in a VDM -- it has a very nice GUI:
=== Unsorted 3 ===
That works for 2>Gb
=== Unsorted 4 ===
3) I recommend Mesa2 as the best spreadsheet for OS/2. but with Randall
Flint's death Sundial Systems is no longer active. I think you can get if
from Mensys. Sundial's suite of programs were all very good quality.
5) Pronews/2 1.59 build cp120 -- http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/internet/news/reader/pn2v159.zip
Support mailing list: none
Internet NNTP News Reader and binary decoder with support for yEnc.
Shareware but all proceeds are donated to The Save the Children fund.
6) Photo Editor:
* RAW Photo Import/Converter for Digicam
Very nice graphical user interface for Dave Coffin\'s dcraw for import/covert RAWs from Digicams.
please add this url to news section:
largest os/2 url database over 1200 links divided into
Info & Programming
=== Unsorted 5 ===
* linux: LUFS and FUSE
* OS/2: NetDrive
* Text editos: Describe
* Internet: PMDownloader
* 3D: STL-view, ArtOfIllusion
* z to be added to the multimedia software list as an shoutcast audio
downloader and mp3 player and saver http://dink.org/z/download.htm, get addons for in on hobbes
=== Unsorted 6 ===
GNU review --
Piano review --
* How to DVD
* eCo Software may refuse to publish a program/link.
=== Unsorted 7 ===
* осталось 100% -- [[Список соответствий софта, новые необработанные данные]]
* осталось 100% -- [[ECSFAQ: Список соответствий софта]]
Restrictions and priorities
* Shareware/commercial applications have high priority
* Native software has higher priority
How to submit additional records to this table?
* Send data via web-form -- http://
** Please, mention section, application name, homepage URL
** mention URL of the latest overview (review) of the eComStation application
* Your report is placed to queue and will be published after confirmation of the next user
=== Unsorted 8 ===
Please, visit this software catalogs:
* APeCS -- http://ecomstation.ru/apecs.php
* SoftWhere!? (OS2.Org) -- http://en.os2.org/software/softwhere/
* eCSOft/2 -- http://www.ecomstation.it/ecsoft2/index.php?language=en
All shareware and freeware is collected in software archives.
* The biggest and most famous is Hobbes -- http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/
/Check out \
* Student --
* Development tools --
* Office -> Solutions -- http://ecomstation.ru/solutions
* SysUtil -> Widgets -- http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/
Openchat -- http://ecomstation.ru/download/openchat-20070217.zip
Go to http://www.wikimatrix.org/ and run through their wizard. There are
other languages which are supported by OS/2.
* CuteWiki -- http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/internet/www/server/cutewiki-060314-os2.zip
Internet, FTP client
* NTFP.. ncFTP, NetDrive
* AOMT пакет серверов
=== Unsorted 9 ===
* Audio CD Creator review -- http://www.os2world.com/content/view/14542/2/
/ WPS \
This applications are not sorted
** Mr. Message -- http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/MrMessage
** Коммандлайновый ctorrent - ftp://weird.da.ru/eros2/ctorrent134-dnh11.zip
** Официальный питоновый тоже работает -- http://os2.in.ru/software/internet/bittorrent/index.html
Name: Thilo Straub
Paint Shop Pro, Photo Impact, Picture Publisher, Gimp
Irfanview, XNview, MS-Paint
PMView Pro, too.
windows: Getright, Internet Download Manager and more
WinDVD, PowerDVD and so on
Name: Mike Snyder
Networking, FTP, emtec FTP, http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?sh=1&button=Search&key=emtec&stype=all&sort=type&dir=%2F
File Manager, Total Manager, FM/2, http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=FM%2F2&pushbutton=Search
Name: Frank Kalf
Instant Mess. MSN : Mercury (dMSN)
* Voice IP:
* В OS/2 юзать java-решение - http://www.switchboard.ca/
* Address book
* eCS (WPPerson)
** O-eng: http://www.os2ezine.com/20010916/page_3.html
** O-rus: http://ecomstation.ru/showarticle.php?id=22
* Record sound from LineIn
* "PlayRec" -- http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/sound/editors/playrec016.zip
** "DTape" -- http://home.clara.net/orac/os2.htm
** "Normalize"...a textmode program to adjust the volume of several wav or mp3 files to the same level -- http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/sound/convert/normalize-0.7.6.zip
* "LBMix": Pretty much the standard mixer for OS/2. For info: http://users.podolsk.ru/boga/OS2Programs.html#LBMix http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/util/mixers/lbmix008.zip
* Voice over IP
About VOICE over IP sollution. There is Warpvision that has USB webcam support.
There is also an MSN client called Mercury, it works via Java and on
Linux (via a Java library) Mercury can access the USB webcam. I know
its on the list of somebody to look at this.
I don't know if Mercury supports speech transmission. I do know that
mercury without the webcam support
can already on OS/2 show MSN webcam streams (so thats one way traffic.).
* LAN tools
* LAN Tools
Category: Archive Manager
windows program = WinZip
ecs program = ZipControl
Name: maurice gueron
file manager ZTBOLD
Win equivalent ZTWin
Name: Dieter Eckhardt
There is an excellent 2D CAD software available as freeware. Works great
with all OS/2 (from V.3) and eCS versions.
for Jabber (ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, GaduGadu, IrC)
btw. we need east european Translators ...
Name: Joerg Falkenstein
section: office software / office suite: MS Office -> papyrus office http://www.papyrus.de
section: file tools / cd-dvd recording Audio/Data CD Creator www.netlabs.org (too old to mention?)
* Музыка: MP3, OGG, WAV можно играть без плейеров
* Протоколы ppoe, pptp: http://ru.ecomstation.ru/showarticle.php?id=120
* Запись дисков: можно встроить запись CD/DVD в рабочий стол:
* aol - есть java-клиенты.
* Редакторы -- Win?? -- Papyrus