(the text is translated partially)
eCo Software, 2012/11
Read more reviews about JRescuer / JUne and JFS:
list of reviews
What topics are actual in this season?
Who kills JFS volumes?
1) Windows ..
2) Ubuntu ..
Why JFS volume have crashed?
Usually JFS volume may crash if:
- you are using old hard drive. 5 .. 10 years.
Advice: upgrade hard drive every 2-3 years.
- Troubles with Power line
Advice: ALWAYS install UPS
- If you turn off your computer using Power button without notification of OS.
Advice: Always turn off the system using system means,
or use Ctrl-Alt-Del combination.
Ubuntu kills eComStation JFS volumes
Ubuntu installer kills eCS volumes. Follow the recommendations
published in eCS bug-tracker to setup Ubuntu.
Most frequent troubles with JFS
JFS0068: CHKDSK Superblock is corrupt and cannot be repaired because both primary and secondary copies are corrupt. CHKDSK CANNOT CONTINUE.
Data recovery using JRescuer
To recover data from damaged N: volume, use this command:
look how it starts working.. then stop it.
To read error messages later, better use:
jrescuer N: > jrescuer.log
Advice how to prevent data loss on JFS
- Please, don't use JFS filesystem with old harddisks. New bad sectors may cause loss of data;
- Use UPS to protect against power leaps;
- Don't fill JFS volume completely. Always keep freespace (10% of total volume size);
If you don't follow this simple instructions then purchase
JUne - utility to rescue/undelete data from JFS volumes.