(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
Lenovo ThinkPad T60 (Core Duo)
My TPad T60 [1953-ELU] has a Core Duo 2.0 processor, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD, Intel 945 graphics adapter, HDA Sound, Pro/1000 Ethernet, 3945ABG WiFi. eCS 1.2R with all available fixes [as reported by eCSMT] installed.
Except for the following, most functions seem to work OK:
- NO Sound at all.
- Power management is virtually non-functional.
- Reports battery operation, but battery usage is poor - typically about 1.5 hours instead of the expected 4 hours.
- While I cannot prove it, the latest ACPI/APM [starting with 20070809 or later] support is causing the system to gradually degrade and eventually lock up. Power off is required to recover. The problem has been reported, a trouble ticked opened, but no response yet. [As of 02-Sep-2007]
- No reboot is possible, even without a lockup, unless the system is first powered down completely.
- No suspend, display will not dim after no usage, etc.
- Attempt to 'Power Off' or 'Reboot' from eCenter locks up the system [typically with a blank screen] and manual power off then reboot results in 'dirty disk' CHKDSK processing.
As noted in other reports, both network adapters work with GenMac 'Experimental' V2.1. Display works fine with SNAP 318/Build 505.
If some resolution is not provided for ACPI/APM problems shortly, I will be forced to abandon eCS and move to some variation of Linux. The stability of eCS 1.2R at this point is unacceptable.
Information is sent by: Carl Gehr -- 2007-09-07 11:57:50
eCo Software doesn't drill oil or gas, we don't cultivate bananas.
eCo Software is developing applications and exporting this products to Europe.
We pay taxes and feed pensioners, teachers and policemen.
Ideas for the developers:
Where can the developer discuss API and ideas? Here is the forum, and here is the irc-channel
IBM OS/2 Warp