(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
ASUS P5B (Core 2 Duo)
ASUS P5B (intel P965 + ICH8) + CPU intel E6300
- the latest SNAP driver
Now my eCS beta 3 installation works on the P5B motherboard.
The PC features an ASUS P5B motherboard (north/southbridge intel P965/ICH8) with an intel core 2 duo E6300, 1 GB DDR2 PC6400, ATI Radeon X550 a Hitachi deskstar 7K160 (3Gb S-ATA) and a Sony DVD-RW.
- the realtek ethernet controller works (I succesfully connected to the
internet via ADSL)
- audio support (ADI AD1988A) works with uniaudio ??????
- S-ATA and P-ATA disk and DVD work with the latest Danis506.add
- the ATI X550 works although the image is a bit noisy (I've to re-check the
- USB mass storage works (I tested with an external FAT32 hard disk and with a
Pentax digital camera)
The performance seems good. Seamonkey 1.1 opens in 1-2 seconds...
The problems are:
- the chipset is too hot (55-60 Celsius degrees)
- the CPU is about 44 Celsius degrees, while I expected it to be cooler than
my old P4 2600, since I read that the E6300 can be easily overclocked from
1.866 GHz to almost 3 GHz with the standard cooler. I've to check if there
is a gap between the CPU and the cooler.
- USB is not usable as it is too slow (write speed is around 160 KB/sec)
I tested the transfer speed on an old Dell Inspiron 5100 and it was about
260 KB/sec (still too slow, but a bit better).
- ACPI power management, thermal control, CPU throttling control do not work
Information is sent by: Alessandro Cantatore -- 2007-08-06 15:35:15
Test the program:
Virtual machine for eComStation? How to run eComStation inside virtual machine? (Read more..)
eCo Software was participating in the development of drivers:
- ACPI - OS kernel, resources management, power management
- Panorama VESA - universal video driver
- JFS - boot feature implemented
- Uniaud - initial support of HDAudio
- USB - restore of source code
Ideas for the developers:
System information: drivers, resources, parameters.. Let's collect all functions aimed to collect system information in universal eSysInfo library
IBM OS/2 Warp