Q1: PCI Dock and rmview show different information |
A1: The drivers provide information to resource manager
(rmview.exe demonstrates it).
PCI Dock uses pci.exe as back-end. pci.exe is scanning pci bus.
That's why the information is different.
Q2: What is the need in PCI Dock? |
- It's more comfortable to view the list of devices than read long listings
Q3: Is it possible add PCI Dock to the operating system? |
A3: It may be useful during the installation of eCS:
- The user can see the list of devices.
And check if eCS supports this computer.
- it can be used in the installer (Advanced mode)
Installed to every eCS PC:
- PCI Dock can be installed to System Setup.
- the user can see the conflicts of the devices.
- If the customer has access to the list of devices and
IRQ list then he can find the solution of problem by
himself and don't overload support service.