(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
IBM Thinkpad X31
IBM Thinkpad X31
Mark: Very good
- 1.4 GHz Intel Pentium M (Type: 2672-CBG; other versions go from 1.3 GHz up to the 1.7 GHz Pentium M)
- 40 GB Harddrive
- 256 MB (max is 2 GB; I've upgraded to 1GB with 2x512 MB SO-DDR RAM modules; easy access to the ram at the bottom of the notebook)
- 12" Display (1024x768)
- ATI Mobility Radeon (supported by SNAP)
- Analog Devices Sound Max (supported by UniAud)
- 1xMicrophone, 1xSpeaker, 1xLine-In
- 2xUSB 2.0
- 1xFirewire (not suported)
- 1xIntel Pro/100 LAN (100 MBit/s - works with the standard Intel LAN driver)
- 1xIntel Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter (11 MBit/s - works with GenMAC)
- 1xParallel Port
- 1xVGA Output
- 1xPC-Card Slot (Type 2)
- 1xInfrared Port (never used using eCS nor OS/2)
- 1xConnector for a docking station
- 6 Cell battery (allows up to 4 hours continous work)
It's a subnotebook, so it has no buildin CD/DVD-ROM. The installation is a little bit tricky.
You can try to boot eCS from a USB-Key (like I did; which is also
tricky) + connect an external CD-ROM drive (I used the PC-Card connected
SONY PCGA-CD51 from my old Sony Vaio PCG-505X subnotebook - which is even
smaller than the X31).
The drive doesn't power up until the driver is loaded which is why I had
to boot from the USB-Key first.
The other way would be: Remove the 2.5 harddrive and connect it with a
2.5" to 3.5" Adapter to your desktop computer, install the system and
put the drive back into the X31.
Boot, and you have a working X31 powered by OS/2 or eComStation.
German users can get the 2.5" to 3.5" Harddrive adapter from Reichelt
Elektronik (it costs 1,60 EUR - the Article Number is: ATA 44-40A), a
very good and cheap electronic equipment (Cables, Resistors,...) seller.
I've been using this Thinkpad X31 for 14 month now and it's great. That
there is no CD/DVD-ROM drive is no issue as I install everything over the
network connection if it needs to be done.
The display can be dimmed by using no extra software like Jan's "Thinkpad
On Screen Display" but if you like you can install it. You can get here:
I've not checked the ACPI driver!
Information is sent by: Juergen Ulbts -- 2006-02-19 16:42:17
Test the program:
Virtual keyboard - on-screen virtual keyboard (useful for touchscreens, to input special characters)
eCo Software is working with the translators
of eComStation / IBM OS/2 Warp since the end of 90-th.
We have released russian version of
some Fixpaks for Warp 4, eComStation 1.05, .. 2.1.
LANGE library, co-operation with european translators.
Ideas for the developers:
Modern progress bar improves usability of your application, DevCon library.
Last active poll: What is the height of RPM barrier?
Most commented news of the month: ArcaOS in Russia
IBM OS/2 Warp