(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
Lenovo Thinkpad T410
eCS installs fine on the 250 GB drive (dual boot with Win 7 64 bit:
followed Sigurd Fastenrath's installation guide lines -
but installed the eCS boot manager using LVM instead of the Win 7 boot
manaager. The eCS boot manager works well and reduces work in installation
(= can simplify steps 2-3 in Sigurd's setup).
eCS 2.0 GA installed OK using legacy drivers in intitial install, and adding
drivers. Final setup:
- ACPI added after initial install, power supply works, recognizes both
processors - check ACPI notes to set ACPI options in BIOS + following ACPI
statement in config.sys: PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /R /PIC /MCPU:2
- but suspend/resume does not work, and an additional push on on/off button needed during boot process
- Power supply works fine, quiet fan operation, working temperature is normal (not overly hot as reported on some other newer Thinkpads)
- Wired net access via the Intel e100E NIC driver (downloaded via software supscription services from Mensys) works excellent.
- Did not install sound in (unable to control sound, and is just as well without it saving battery power).
Stable and fast operation. Needs working WiFi, sound, and suspend/resume to get ranking "very well".
Information is sent by: Eirik Romstad -- 2010-12-26 17:34:13
Test the program:
DVD/CD Toys - burn DVD and CD disks. Easy to install, easy to burn DVD (SATA, USB, SCSI).
Ideas for the developers:
DevCon: Is it easy to develop drivers for eComStation? Tutorials, templates of drivers and documentation
IBM OS/2 Warp