(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
Hardware > Notebooks/barebones
Lenovo ThinkPad W500
Lenovo ThinkPad W500
(This report is prepared by ecomstation.ru scout), source of information: Jan van Wijk, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eComStation
It is actually dual-boot at the moment, Windows-7 and eCS 2.0
Thinkpad W500, product ID 40625YG, also known as 'NRA5YMH'
Does not work:
- Gigabit network adapter
- Intel Wireless N, 5300 chipset
- Wireless WAN (3G networks)
- Suspend/Resume, Shutdown (but I have to tried very hard yet)
- SD Card-reader (I think, have not really tested yet :-)
So, quite a few things do not work, but looking at the bright side,
most of what I really NEED does work:
- eCS installs without too much problems
- Video works with Panorama in 1680x1050 resolution and looks really nice. (video performance in text window, like 'dir /s' not very fast, but good enough)
- SMP works using ACPI.PSD /SMP /APIC (2 cores, 2.8 GHz each)
- USB works fine
The most pressing thing is networking at the moment, I can live
without wireless on this laptop, but for serious work on it I really
need one of the networking options to work.
Fortunately, a driver for the Gigabit cards is in the works.
Just need some patience for it to become available ...
How to prepare hard disk
Information is sent by: eComStation.RU scout -- 2010-06-23 21:13:30
Test the program:
DVD/CD Toys - burn DVD and CD disks. Easy to install, easy to burn DVD (SATA, USB, SCSI).
|Andreas Peters |
- Gigabit Ethernet is working with the Mensys e1000e driver (ecomstation betazone).
- 1920x1200 hd screen is working with the widescreen patch together with the panorama driver ([url]). I'm using the intel card not the ati radeon.
eCo Software is participating in the conferences.
We made more than 15 presentations.
We published more than 10 reports.
Ideas for the developers:
System information: drivers, resources, parameters.. Let's collect all functions aimed to collect system information in universal eSysInfo library
IBM OS/2 Warp