(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
Lenovo ThinkPad W500
(This report is prepared by ecomstation.ru scout), source of information: Lewis G Rosenthal
First impressions: eComStation 2.0 RC7 on ThinkPad W500
Model is 4062:4FU. It has the dual graphics chips (embedded Intel and discrete 512MB ATI).
- Using Panorama for the install (the default), the system traps (D) in GRADD.SYS before making it to the install GUI. This happens with either graphics chip.
- Using SNAP, the system boots and the install runs all the way through.
- ACPI /SMP /APIC (both cores recognized)
- Video (SNAP, as VBE)
- HDA (yes, UniAUD seems to handle this chip with no clipping, though there is no volume control and it is loud, distorting the output)
- Proper wide-screen resolution (Panorama would do this, but see above)
- Wired NIC (Intel 8086:10BF)
- Wireless NIC (Intel 8086:4237)
- Bluetooth (obviously)
- Firewire (obviously, though I did not test whether I could see it with the Firewire driver we have)
- Power management
- Firewire (see above)
- external video
- DVD burning
- Fingerprint reader
- Active Shock Management (or whatever that's called...I forget right now!)
- Cellular (mobile broadband)
I will check the bug tracker for the Panorama issue, but if anyone is aware of anything similar, please advise.
Notes: The problem of Panorama VESA described above was fixed during the spring 2010.
Information is sent by: eComStation.RU scout -- 2010-05-22 22:28:07