(Барьеры и решения)
(Применение в науке, лаборатории, ..)
(Ссылки на другие сайты)
Hardware > Notebooks/barebones
Toshiba Satellite A105
Toshiba Satellite A105
Finally got around to installing eComStation 2.0 RC3
on this laptop. Intel P4 uniprocessor @
1800 mhz, 512 meg ram, SATA 100G hard drive, DVD RW. Built-in Intel video,
sound, ethernet, 3945abg wireless. That should describe enough for now.
- Installation: only problem is that ACPI kills the system immediately on
boot. APM enabled works but I'd sure rather get ACPI working.
- Video: the Panorama Vesa works like a charm. Picks up the wide screen LCD
- Sound: DOA - haven't mucked with it as it doesn't interfere yet.
- Mouse: using Amouse, the Synaptics touchpad works. The Logitec wireless
mouse (USB) also works - for a while. Message pop-ups appear to kill it
and it won't wake up until I reboot. PITA as I despise the touchpad. I
haven't had time to exactly nail the sequence that kills it, but so far
I've managed to eventually kill it on every session.
- Network: I can get the wired interface to work but I have to manually
install it. Genmac recognizes the -4222 version I have and apparently
loads it successfully, MPTS and protocol.ini look good. Xwlan installed
and appears to find the wireless but I still haven't gotten a connection
and IP address. More playing in order (RTFM). OK, got it running enough to
get an IP while I was working on this. Great news! Even Samba is running.
- First time I've gotten a decent video on this laptop and the 3945abg
wireless is a big improvement. BTW, I did have to install it manually -
any good reason it wasn't properly installed with the wireless driver once
that was successful?
- Only show stopper to date: wireless USB mosude dying! Some would add sound
but at my age I can live w/o the racket.
Information is sent by: Will Honea -- 2007-11-20 00:46:38
Test the program:
Upgrade eComStation 2.0 desktop to NeoWPS (useful extenders for desktop)
eCo Software was participating in the development of drivers:
- ACPI - OS kernel, resources management, power management
- Panorama VESA - universal video driver
- JFS - boot feature implemented
- Uniaud - initial support of HDAudio
- USB - restore of source code
Ideas for the developers:
DevCon: Is it easy to develop drivers for eComStation? Tutorials, templates of drivers and documentation
IBM OS/2 Warp