Include AiR-BOOT (version 1.0.7 final) to allow installation of multiboot environments without sacrificing a primary partition (required for most Windows 7 preloads)
Updated ACPIWIZARD to handle APM aware mousedrivers
AHCI support, enables installation on AHCI only systems. AHCI controllers deliver considerably better performance than regular SATA controllers.
Added AHCI option to preboot menu (currently required to select manually)
Added BOOTDLY driver, which causes a 20 second boot delay so SCSI controller + disks can properly initialize. Driver is added by OS2CSM and HWMERGE when a SCSI driver is selected.
Replaced preboot disk integrity check with version that runs during the graphical installation routine. This provides more user interactivity and feedback.
Updated kernel to 14.105, with fix to prevent PROCDUMP trap.
You can activate new File Open Dialog: CD1, focdlg.cmd
Updated Firefox to version 4.0.1.
Add K option to Firefox/Thunderbird object so it will stay active when started
Add Exceptq v7.1 to BASEUTIL (improves traphandling in f.e. Firefox 4)
Add Firefox 3.5.3. to CD #2
Updated MINILVM to improve backwards compatibility; help updates.
Updated Archive Viewer to v2.1
Add p7zip and cpio to BASEUTIL (required for ArcView 7z and RPM file support).
Updated InstPDR to v1.11
Updated eCo Runtime to version 20101224
Updated USBDOCK to version 20110319
Updated NeoWPS * USB Widget to build version 2671
Updated NETWORK.EXE, MINSTPM.EXE and VIDWZRD.EXE to be eCS 2.1 aware.
Updated Lucide to version 1.3.3 GA.
Updated EVFSGUI to version 126.96.36.1995 + utils 188.8.131.525
Updated EVFSIFS to version 184.108.40.206
Updated EVFSPLUGIN to version 2.0.1
Updated eStyler to 1.1.93 (support eWP shutdown).
Updated LLAECS to 1.01.1002
Updated setboot.exe to Fsys version 1.07
Updated TIMESET to change default protocol to SNTP
Updated WarpIn in BASEUTIL to 1.0.19
Updated Workplace Sans fonts to v0.8 with embedded bitmaps
Updated DFsee engine to OEM version 10.7
Updated 4OS2 to version 3.06 (from 3.04h)
Updated GCC4CORE to 1.1.0 (now includes GCC452)
Updated preboot menu: autodetect when user supplies DANIS506 driver on floppy to add DANIATAP.FLT to generated config.sys
Updated DATASEEK to version 1.0.1
Updated DOSCALL1.DLL to match 14.105 kernel
Updated HARDERR.EXE to match kernel 14.105
Updated / added drivers:
Added AHCI driver 1.12
Updated DANIS506.ADD to version 1.8.9. Now AHCI aware.
Updated ACPI 3.18 package to support kernel 14.105
Updated Uniaud to version 1.9.26
Updated e1000e and Nvidia driver to multimac version.
Updated hw database to new multimac realtek driver, add broadcom devices.
Updated 168c:1014 NIF file in genmac2.wpi - corrected device ID
Added detection for 8086:3B56 HDA audio chipset
Added detection of 14E4:167B Broadcom NIC (B57.OS2 driver)
Added detection of 8086:27DC Intel NIC (E100B.OS2 driver)
Removed Genmac support for 8086:104A and 8086:107C, install failed and chipsets are now covered by native Intel NIC driver.
Updated hardware detection database to support new Intel PRO/1000 PCIe
Updated DFsee engine to OEM version 10.7
Updated PCIDEVS.TXT to ha_merged, 11 Oct 2010 08:16:43
Updated POINTDD.SYS to bldlevel 10.070
Updated LVM.DLL to version 20110111,
Added LOCK.EXE (from UDF package) to baseutil.
Updated UNLOCK.EXE to UDF-enabled version
Updated bootable JFS to 1.9.4, including helper and symbol files
Updated Bootable JFS files on CD to current 1.9.4 level (was at 1.0.7)
Updated OS2DASD.DMD and symbol files to 14.105 (was 14.096)
Updated Panorama driver VBE2GRAD.DLL to fix problems with VirtualBox.
===Bugfixes since the previous release:===
== block bugs ==
* 2500: [installer phase 1] Implement securit/2 interface in guidproc
* 2825: [other] Unable to install my Lotus Smart Suite 173
* 2916: [installer phase 1] Genmac misses file
* 2873: [other] Genmac wrapper does not support wireless NIC
* 2874: [other] System sound sounds keep repeating...
* 2972: [installer phase 1] LVM.DLL in German contains wrong version...
6 resolved block bugs.
== crash bugs ==
* 2910: [installer phase 1] Install fails installing Genac 8086 104a NIC
* 2593: [installer phase 3] ALSA sound driver hangs
* 2485: [booting of CD] Dell Latitude D420 laptop hangs on MEMDISK boot...
* 2917: [other] Krnl trap e with PROCDUMP ON
4 resolved crash bugs.
== major bugs ==
* 1899: [migration from eCS 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2] Renaming/Removing ""Previous Desktop"" after migration breaks eCenter
* 2799: [other] Digital dwnld dsk 3 installer ""invalid header"" OO0311-common.wpi, readme's not txt files
* 2812: [other] Panorama VESA drivers GA do not work in virtualbox 3.2 or 3.0.12
* 2788: [other] Problems with using Named Pipes
* 2919: [other] Copy link location in browser link destroys the address.
* 2819: [other] Register Online ???
* 2651: [other] ThinkCentre S51 USB does not work
* 2844: [ACPI] USB issues
* 2939: [booting of CD] sys02068 PMWP specified on PROTSHELL on line 163 does not contain a valid program
* 2932: [Content] USBXHCD disable PS/2 mouse
* 2950: [other] Programs started with program object have messed up environment
* 2763: [Content] Need documentation for formatting large (>2GB) USB data sticks
12 resolved major bugs.
== minor bugs ==
* 1771: [migration from eCS 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2] Start File & Print Client object corrupted in Startup Folder
* 2095: [migration from eCS 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2] Volume Manager object not created on migration from 1.2R to RC4
* 2311: [migration from eCS 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2] eComCenter/WarpCenter doesn't come up on bootup after migration
* 2586: [other] Supplied md5 not compatible with distributed md5sum.exe
* 2821: [other] APM not installed on T42p although ACPI is deselected
* 2852: [other] Netop Host OS/2 release v9.00 (2008093) same but public without private data
* 2817: [other] Report on two eCS 2.0GA installs to a 4GB AMD X2 system with EIDE &SATA HDDs
* 2854: [other] Atheros WLAN NIC detected, but drivers installed and protocol.ini do not match
* 2857: [other] Wrong file size in folder message field on big files (GB)
* 2871: [ACPI] Standard reboot and shut down do not work after installation of Uniaud 1.9.3/1.9.23 on T60
* 2890: [installer phase 1] Entering registration key problem
* 2897: [other] NTFS driver deals wrong with read only drives... ?
* 1800: [other] Apply ABIOS patch to OS2LDR
* 2798: [ACPI] Native Intel driver exists, but installer suggests Genmac
* 2928: [other] SYSTEM CLOCK NOT IN SYNC WITH THE WORLD
* 2889: [other] Add broadcom NIC to hw detect
* 2587: [other] DVD-UDF command-line utilities do not appear to be installed
* 2924: [other] WPS problem: bracket in the name
* 1675: [installer phase 1] Format dialog in installer not modal (NL)
* 2828: [other] System sounds loop repeatedly
* 1293: [other] Unregistered Class
* 2454: [other] Unable to start Dos Window Session with Panorama on M3A78-CM Motherboard
22 resolved minor bugs.
== tweak bugs ==
* 2900: [installer phase 1] Missing Vendor/ID for Intel 10/100MB driver (E100B.OS2)
* 2899: [installer phase 1] Add vendor/chipset ID's to database for hardware detection for the e1000e driver.
* 2673: [installer phase 1] Realtek 8139 chipset not detected on Medion laptop
3 resolved tweak bugs.
== text bugs ==
0 resolved text bugs.
== trivial bugs ==
0 resolved trivial bugs.
== feature bugs ==
* 2802: [other] Installation problematic
* 2816: [other] No WLan driver installed
* 2801: [other] sound not working
* 2947: [other] 4os2 - Please use current version 3.06 instead 3.04H
* 2977: [installer phase 1] Add detection...
5 resolved feature bugs.
== Total of: 52 resolved bugs. ==